Friday 17 January 2014

The Road Not Taken

So. 2014 is turning out to be a pretty good year for me. I mean, I quit the course I hated, I got a job I love, and then there are more romantic opportunities budding in this year for me (and not just because I joined a decent dating site where nobody asks me if I want to have sex with them, thankfully).

With topping my class in the semester, I was finally tired of being overvalued. The reason why I don't like topping is because it makes me feel like I have nothing new to learn. So, I quit that. Then I got my job as an editor in a commercial fiction publishing house. I wrote 25k in a week. Yes, believe it. :D :D

And then there was this incident yesterday. I was going to my college for a lecture yesterday. So, I went into the metro station, put my bag (which had my laptop) in the scanner, went in for checking, came out, saw that the bag was coming out just as I did, picked it up and went on my way. When I reach college, I open the bag to find out it's not mine. I start freaking out and my friends ask me to be calm. We search the bag for any information on the owner of the bag. We come across a booking of an airline ticket. We contact the agency that booked the ticket. We got the number of the guy. We called they guy. Apparently, he didn't even know that our bags had been exchanged because he hadn't opened the bag yet. So, we meet at a metro station and exchange our bags. Then we go or own ways. A while later, he texts me saying that we should meet some other time too. And then he starts flirting. To my horror, I start flirting back too. Then I tell my friend that they guy's flirting with me. She tells me to block him. Good sense prevails over the desire to have a life that resembles a romcom movie. I block his number.

These are the roads taken and not taken till now.
Stay tuned to find out what 2014 brings for me!




11 comments:

  1. Lol, Why were you horrified when you realized that you were also flirting? Didn't get this part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because I'm a paranoid person. When I find myself doing something I would kick myself for, I would obviously be horrified :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not that good with words but yeah Lourdes did write it down quite well.-AnonGi

      Delete
    2. The other anonymous commenter :) -AnonG

      Delete
  3. Why why why did you block his number? Yes, he *could* be a creepster (and considering this is Delhi, he most probably was) BUT, he could also be a perfectly non-creepster-guy being open about the fact that he likes you. I'd have liked it if you'd blocked him if/after he'd shown thode more clear signs of creepiness. A little more faith in the magic in the universe next time? *is aware that she sounds like one of those idiotic hopeless romantics but would like to assure that she is simply an optimist. really*
    -Lourdes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've already had a lot of creeps in my life. Ergo, I know how it starts. I can't risk more creeps in my life ._.
      Plus, my life is not a romcom. If it was, I'd be getting married to the person I'm in love with right about now :P
      Your comment's appreciated, though. Thanks for stopping by :D

      Delete
    2. *feels deflated** *sigh* Achha.. sad.. but I don't know why you have to call it a romcom :/ Makes it seem so impersonal, like something that was devised; clinical.
      I'd have looked at this as a great story. IF it had ended well, that is.But ok, hope it works out with this other person you're in love with :) (Y) ! (i'm assuming its not some celebrity or fictional character so..)

      Delete
    3. Let's not look at romcoms as something that are created. They are supposed to be a spontaneous and fortuitous turn of events that leads to a happy ever after. I'm too cynical to believe in it :P
      It's not working out with the other person ever xD

      Delete
  4. Did he seem creepy when you met him?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He did seem over-friendly when I met him.
      But yes, his messages did go into the creepy territory. He was also texting another friend simultaneously the same messages he sent me. Big creepy alert :P

      Delete