Friday 2 November 2012

Sorry?





So I was sitting in front of my very pretty purple laptop wondering what should my blog post be about. Then, an idea struck me. I just finished reading an amazing book my Sheila O’Flanagan called ‘Bad Behavior’. The book is about a lot of bad behaviors and broke friendships and lost love and all that. BUT, what caught my attention was a certain theme it carried.

Why is it that when any relationships end, we tend to focus on all the bad parts and never on any good ones? Why is it that we remember that person for the one very big wrong that they did and not for the good that they did. The little things they had done and the big gestures? Where do the memories of those go? Is it because we don’t want to remember they had some good in them? Is our hatred that big that it makes us forget the lovely times? I’m not only talking about couple relationships, but, all relationships in general. So, yeah, sometimes we do remember the good times. But there’s a such a long gap when those memories come back. And that gap is too big to make any amends. Why are us humans like that?

There are so many relationships that I messed up. Some of which, I’m genuinely sorry about and some I will never blame myself for nor worry about amends. But, then again. That saddens me. Am I such a person that I can’t even forgive another person. Depends on what happened, maybe? Sure, some mistakes are huge. But, we really can’t make them forget the good times, can we? In my little lifetime, that I’ve had till now, I’ve done so so so many mistakes. All of which I’m sorry for. Correction- almost all of which, I’m sorry for. Is this my apology? Maybe.

2 comments:

  1. I was just discussing this with a friend today. Sometimes, nice people have it hard too. (TWSS) They have to make tough choices. That is because being nice to someone could mean being a jerk to someone else. It is not in their hands. It is just choosing to do the right thing sometimes. Why apologise for doing the right thing?

    Think of it this way. If Monica never left Richard, how'd she learn to love Chandler?

    I know you'll get that reference. Cheers.
    S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this your own thoughts or has u copy these from somewhere?

    ReplyDelete