Thursday 31 December 2015

Looking Back

So, 2015 started out horribly. I missed my family too much, and the local food hasn't been agreeing with me for some time. Some days I didn't know how I was going to get through the year. Being in a strange place for a long time made me very bitter. 

In retrospect, thought, 2015 was better to me than I thought it'd be. I gained some fantastic friends and valuable experience. I read good books, had some pretty good food (MOCAMBO!!!), played a lot of D&D (still not as much as I wanted to), and licked the jello bowls clean (not really). 

2016 is looking up to be even better, though. I'll be home, I'll have a job (hopefully), I'll be learning German. But before that, there are still a lot of restaurants to visit in Kolkata, more D&D to be played, friends to hang out with, and a dissertation to write. 

I have resolutions to stick to: less fanfiction reading, more blogging, be more sociable/express myself more... Let's see how they work out!

Thank you for the memories, 2015, and looking forward to you, 2016! :D

2 comments:

  1. "I think we know each other well enough now that you can lick my bowl clean." :3

    ReplyDelete