Wednesday 5 March 2014

The Perfect Storm

One of the reasons I'm very erratic at blogging is that I can only write if I find myself at the eye of the storm (metaphorically speaking, of course) and the motivation just hits me. When this happens, I need to write down whatever I'm thinking. I can't capture it later. Usually, I have my phone with me, so I type it on that. Today, I'm blogging whatever I typed out during the dust storm that happened a few hours ago.

The weather turned suddenly.  The wind cradled the dust and rose in a spiral upwards. The leaves left their safe abodes to come out and dance with the dust in a silent symphony. The wind howled with joy and raced the cars in the street, winning and losing at the same time. It wanted to grow bigger and bigger—into a storm and into a hurricane. When the transformation finally happened, the storm grinned with flashes of lightning and the sky lit up. The raindrops made their way down, eager to play with the dust that couldn’t rise up. Petrichor was here.  

I also clicked a picture called 'Stormy Lights' and put it up on Instagram. Follow me at 'INSANEORANGE9' to see it (I'm still figuring out how to find a link to an Instagram picture. Help?)

Technologically inept and yours,
~Orange

No comments:

Post a Comment