Friday 28 December 2012

A Bittersweet Goodbye




Standing on my toes,
Eyes closed,
Touching your lips for the last time.
I hate to say goodbye to you.
I hate to let us walk away.


From the hello,
That I’ve known you.
To this good-bye
We have to say.
The hardest thing
I’ve ever done- 
Is being forced to walk different ways.


Drowning in tears,
Can’t see what’s ahead.
The dreams we knit were beautiful,
The reality begged to differ.
Promises were forced to break,
The tinkling eyes,
And the sad smile.


Holding hands-
Till the time we had.
Watching the train,
Pull in- to way.
Holding each other-
Tolling for the time we had.


Slowly his face disappears,
As he follows my train.
Will we meet again,
Will this waiting ever end?
Going to two different parts of life,
From sharing just one.
Will in the future,
Our lives, intervene?
Will the love rekindle-
And remember its glory?


Will the time bring me-
What was always mine?



Swati Jain

No comments:

Post a Comment