Friday 11 January 2013

Winter Smiles and Woes

Let me start with the woes (because they came first :P)

About a month ago, I met up with a friend and he asked me for ideas for torture methods for his latest novel. So I thought about what would cause the most excruciating pain. I gave him an answer about two weeks late but the torture method I suggested could scare the living daylights out of the minds of the writers of Criminal Minds. Anyway, I have always known that toes and feet are a sensitive and important and sensitive parts of the human body. It is only this week I realized how sensitive ._.

My feet are mildly frostbitten. What with the temperature dropping to 1.6 degrees here and my feet lacking proper blood circulation, it seems obvious that I'd get frostbitten. But Merlin, this realization doesn't make the mild frostbite any better. My feet itched and hurt so bad that it was almost impossible to walk. I know how I spent three days hobbling around, waking up in the middle of the night because it itched and hurt so bad. But the worst part wasn't the hurt. It was the itch. I couldn't scratch my toes because they were red and blue and swollen and scratching would only make the itch worse. And the level of frustration I had to face was astounding. The itch would go on for hours and I would be on the verge of tears because I didn't know how to make it better. Until the day before yesterday, I didn't know my feet were frostbitten either. Frostbite is the worst kind of torture there is. There is barely anything worse than this. I contemplated ripping out my toes, you know. And to be truthful, that would have been less painful than the itch. Thankfully, before it could come to  that, I saw the sweet doctor (bless his soul) and he gave me medicines for the itching and the pain and assured me that it'll be okay in a week T_T



I had gone for a play called 'Maybe This Summer' last week, until last week, I hadn't seen a good play, you know. If the acting and execution was good, there would be some problem with the script and vice versa. So after I came out of the auditorium after watching 'Maybe This Summer', I said, "I wish I could see a play in which everything's perfect." So apparently, some deity or the other listened to me. Yesterday, I was feeling better as compared to the previous few days. I had made plans to see a play called 'Metamorphoses' with my friends. 'Metamorphoses' was a myth about myths. It is unbelievable until you see it. It basically took from Ovid's 'Metamorphosis'. The play adapted and enacted nine myths from Ovid's works. The actors were absolutely splendid. The spectators were drawn into the play as the whole auditorium was the stage for the actors. The myth that I thought was best enacted was the myth of Erysichthon, a Thessalian king who chopped down the sacred grove of Demeter and was cursed with hunger till he devoured himself. The thing I liked the most about it was when Hunger crawled onto the raised platform in the auditorium to Erysichthon and jumped him. There was a ten second choreography between Erysichthon and Hunger which depicts Hunger devouring the king sensually. I almost had a nosebleed.



Despite my mildly frostbitten toes (and I'm going to deny this if, Merlin forbid, the itching starts again) but I think 'Metamorphoses' made up for my absolutely shitty week.

Till next time, guys! :D


PS- The photos haven't been clicked by me. I take them off the net :P


2 comments:

  1. About the woes, they happen, but the good part, it's over and done with!

    And damn, I really want to watch a play!

    Other than that, do you know the toes wale socks creep me out? :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. They creep me out too! But if the socks have sockets for all the toes then I think they should be comfy, no? :P

    ReplyDelete